Keeping Up Appearances
Once you have had cosmetic surgery, is there anything you need to do to maintain your new look? Of course! You have a great deal of responsibility in making sure you follow Dr. Sadrian’s advice to the letter in order to get the best results from your surgical interventions.
At Sadrian Plastic Surgery Center, we divide the types of suggestions we give our patients into two groups: those that apply immediately after surgery and those that apply through the years to come. Here are some examples that apply to most patients who have just had cosmetic surgery procedures:
1) Immediately after surgery, take a day or two to rest. Even minor surgical procedures should warrant a few days off work to recuperate. If you push yourself too hard, you may find that you hurt yourself and must then recuperate for a longer period of time.
2) Drink fluids. Surgery is a shock to your body no matter how minor the procedure, so be sure to drink plenty of fluids in the days following surgery, particularly water. This helps your body flush out potential toxins and is also good for your skin.
3) Take medications as prescribed. If you think your pain level is greater than it should be, do not use extra pain medication. Instead, contact Dr. Sadrian immediately. You may need a stronger dose or a different medication to manage your pain.
Once you have healed, there are also things you can do to prolong the beautiful look you have achieved:
1) Eat a healthy diet. Good food on the inside means beauty on the outside. A balanced diet will not only make you feel good but it will also show in your skin, hair, nails and figure.
2) Exercise. Exercise stimulates blood flow which in turn aids in a beautiful complexion. It also helps your body stay lean and toned and builds strong muscle to support a good physique.
3) Use recommended skin preparations. Talk to Dr. Sadrian about the right moisturizers and other preparations to use on your skin. Cleansing and moisturizing every day has a beneficial effect no matter what your age.
At Sadrian Plastic Surgery in San Diego, we are ready to work with you to help you achieve your goals for your body. Talk to Dr. Sadrian and his friendly staff today about what we can do to help you gain self-confidence and feel good about yourself again.