Is a Thigh Lift Right For You?
Many of us have tried all sorts of exercises and diets in hopes of perfecting the thigh gap only to be frustrated and disappointed. Thankfully, there’s another way to get the results you want.
In this issue, we’ll talk about the thigh lift.
What is a thigh lift?
This surgical procedure actually tightens and slims your thighs by reducing the excess skin and fat. This gives you smoother skin and a more toned appearance.
There are two types of thigh lifts: inner (medial) and outer (lateral) thigh lifts.
- Inner thigh lifts reduce the excess skin and fat on upper portion of your inner thigh.
- Outer thigh lifts, which typically includes a buttock lift, focuses on the outer thighs.
When should I think about having a thigh lift?
Among the more common reasons to have a thigh lift are:
- Loose skin and cellulite in your thighs due mostly to aging;
- Clothes not fitting right because of heavy thighs; and
- Feeling self-conscious about your appearance but have desire to restore your self-assurance.
How is a thigh lift performed?
With an inner thigh lift, an incision is made in your groin area after you’ve been given general anesthesia. Depending upon your body, liposuction may or not be included. Dr. Sadrian will then re-contour the area from your groin to your knee.
During an outer thigh lift, more tissue is removed, and the buttocks and the outer thighs are re-contoured after you’ve been given general anesthesia.
How soon will I see results from my thigh lift?
The results of your thigh lift should be visible almost immediately, but it may be several months after the procedure before the final results are fully noticeable.
While it’s natural to lose some firmness as you age, most of the improvements to your thighs should remain.
Who is a good candidate for a thigh lift?
Thigh lifts are not weight loss procedures. Generally speaking, good thigh lift candidates include those who are:
- At a relatively stable weight;
- Have excess soft tissue along the inner or outer thighs;
- Committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle (good nutrition and exercise); and
Learn More About Thigh Lifts By Calling Sadrian Plastic Surgery, Laser And Skin Care Institute of San Diego
Whatever your reason is for considering a thigh lift, we’d love to talk with you about it. Get in touch with us here at Sadrian Plastic Surgery, Laser and Skin Care Institute in San Diego.
Our number is 858-457-1111 or you can reach us online.