Surgery after weight loss is recommended for patients who are now at their ideal body weight but are left with excess skin and tissue. Body contouring usually includes a tummy tuck procedure, liposuction, or lifting certain areas where excess drooping skin remains. Dr. Sadrian is one of the most respected board-certified plastic surgeons in the La Jolla area. He and his team are dedicated to providing you with the personal care you deserve and to ensure you have a comfortable and rewarding experience.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Surgery After Weight Loss?
Not everyone who loses a lot of weight will need surgery. Excess hanging skin comes about due to the amount of weight lost, along with genetic factors, age, and skin quality and flexibility. Men and women should consider body contouring to improve the following areas:
- An overhanging apron of skin and tissue that mars the appearance of your lower abdomen.
- Excess skin and tissue that droops and hangs on the upper arms, thighs, buttocks, or mid-section.
How safe is Surgery After Weight Loss?
As with any surgery, there are risks. Before undergoing any procedure, it is important that your entire medical history is evaluated. At Sadrian Plastic Surgery in La Jolla, we have a fully-certified surgery center, and a team of medical professionals that focus on patient safety and health. Dr. Sadrian will meet with you to address all of your questions and carefully discuss the treatment that will achieve the result you want. He understands that deciding to undergo plastic surgery is a big decision and takes all the time needed to explain the procedure, what to expect, and to understand exactly what you want to achieve.
How Should I Prepare For Surgery After Weight Loss?
- You need to have maintained your weight for about six months.
- Have a good support system ready to help you during your recovery.
- You will need to take time off from work to recover. Depending on your surgery, you can expect to need two to four weeks off.
- Have realistic goals. Understand that in order to restore your body, incisions will be required. Dr. Sadrian has 18 years of experience with plastic surgery and does everything possible to minimize the scarring, placing incisions within the natural contours of your body so they are less visible once healed.
Why Choose Dr. Sadrian For Your Procedure?
Surgery is a serious decision, selecting the right plastic surgeon is one of the most important aspects of any surgical procedure. Dr. Sadrian, and the entire medical and administrative team at Sadrian Plastic Surgery Center are committed to providing you with the very best in patient care, safety and results.
Dr. Sadrian will listen to your concerns and address any questions you may have; he knows establishing a good relationship with you is a vital part of a successful journey.
You are in great hands! With almost two decades of experience in the field of plastic surgery, Dr. Sadrian is one of the few surgeons who has achieved certifications in two medical specialties: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. His experience, talent, and artistry have resulted in a reputation for excellence in surgery and a 5-star rating on realself.com.
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at 888-210-2982.