Life can take a toll on women’s bodies – particularly the breasts. One of the most depressing things to experience is seeing once perky, rounded breasts beginning to sag and droop. This common problem comes about as the skin loses its flexible, firm quality, or after the ravages of breastfeeding. Once the breast tissue has begun to sag, there is little that can be done to repair the damage other than breast lift surgery.
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift is a surgical procedure to restore the breasts to a more youthful position on the chest, while reshaping the breast tissue to a plump, rounded look and improved cleavage. In many cases, the nipple/areolas are repositioned, so they are at the front of the breast, and can be reduced in size if large areolas are a problem. This surgery is the perfect way to restore breasts that have any of the following problems:
- Saggy breasts
- Excess loose skin on breasts causing a droopy look
- Breasts that no longer look full and rounded
- Unevenly-sized breasts
- Nipples that point downward
- Overlarge nipple/areolas
- Flat or deflated looking breasts
Why Choose Dr. Sadrian for Breast Lift Surgery?
For any face or body enhancement, you want to be completely confident that you have chosen the right surgeon. Dr. Sadrian is an acclaimed surgeon who is certified in two different medical specialties – which is quite rare. His experience, artistry, and commitment to his patients is one of the most important aspects of his practice. He never rushes a procedure, and always works to produce the most positive result possible, using advanced surgical techniques performed with meticulous care and attention to detail. Your restored breasts will look fresh, natural, plump, and appealing once healed.
How is a Breast Lift Done?
This procedure will vary slightly, patient to patient, but in general, it proceeds as follows:
- Your breasts are evaluated so a custom surgical plan can be established.
- A date for surgery is set.
- You arrive for your surgery.
- You are put under anesthesia, so you don’t experience any pain or discomfort.
- Incisions are placed around the areola and vertically from the nipple to the crease of the breast, and/or below the crease or fold of the breasts.
- The breast tissue is lifted and reshaped, so it appears round and firm.
- The nipples are repositioned (with inner structure intact) to the right position on the front of the breasts.
- The excess skin is trimmed and removed, and the incisions closed with tiny, carefully-placed sutures.
After Breast Lift Surgery – What Should I Expect?
After your procedure at our fully accredited surgical center, you will recover for a brief period in our custom recovery area, after which you are free to return home – transported by a friend or family member. You will need help for the first day or two, so make plans for someone to stay with you. Your breasts will be held in place with a surgical bra, so they heal in place. You should plan to take at least a week off work with limited activities, particularly avoiding any motion that will put stress on the healing incisions.
Scarring After a Breast Lift
While no one wants scars, Dr. Sadrian is careful in his incision placement to hide the scars, and once healed, you can wear your clothing with confidence. His careful surgical techniques make breast lift surgery one of the most commonly-requested surgeries at Sadrian Plastic Surgery – frequently new patients who come to us directly from word-of-mouth. We are very proud of our reputation for excellence, and for our many happy patients who refer their friends and family to us – thank you!